Friday, May 27, 2011

The Spoon Theory

Hopefully, this explains some things; hopefully, this puts things into perspective. Hopefully, you don't take your spoons for granted. 
Now, I don't have Lupus, but so many things that are portrayed in this video are true for me. Chronic pain is not something anyone truly healthy can understand. It's just like how I don't know what it's like not to be in pain. Getting ready in the morning, putting on clothes, all these things take time. I can't even begin to tell you how many times I have changed clothes because the shirt or the pants or the dress "hurt". Allodynia is a common aspect of FM that no one really understands, and it takes away a lot of spoons. I often have debates with myself: is it easier for me to relax on the couch and do nothing or work up the energy to walk down the stairs into the cold basement and get my medicine so I will be more functional in about thirty minutes. 
I'd type more, but that would require a spoon, considering I already have an intense pain building within my right shoulder.

No comments:

Post a Comment